Section 1.1 | Greetings and introductions

Hello! My name is Mr Kwong. I was born in Hong Kong and studied at local primary and secondary schools. I am most fluent in English but I can speak both Cantonese and some Mandarin. I am admittedly a bit anxious sometimes, but I am willing to give anything a try.

I have taught English for small classes in the past and helped produce a number of learning materials, such as e-books and animations. Additionally, I have actively participated in a number of English theatre productions and organizations for over ten years. Nowadays I like to watch documentaries, go running and game with my friends when I have the time.

self_photo
(photographed January 2021)

In particular, during my studies I have noticed a lot of my classmates and friends struggle with English because they were afraid of being 'incorrect'. This will most likely be true for all my future students, too, but I hope to let them know that it does not have to be that way; learning English allows people to access a wide range of fun and interesting things, and by incorporating some of them into the classroom, I have faith that my future students will not be as anxious to participate in classroom activities.

(extract of a microteaching session, December 2021)

Nonetheless, I look forward to meeting my future students and I hope they will give me a chance. I promise not to let you down!

Comments